1 déc. 2007

Create a tag cloud

As you maybe noticed, blogger can give you the opportunity to tell what every post is about, and then you can, with the new interface, create a list of the categories you used, and class these categories by number or alphabetically. But rather than a boring list with mixing numbers, I think that a tag cloud is more fun.

So here I am, looking for a way to create tag cloud in this blOg.

Technacular
lists all the way to do it, from programming your own code to get help from another website.
As I'm a bit lazy, and mostly because blogger doesn't give me the categories database that I need, I decided to go for the second solution and I found a few:
Tag Cloud Builder from OCLC Research. But you can only save your tag cloud as a file, no way to keep it "alive".
Tag Cloud Generator. Whatever the way I do it (via the links or via the 30 most used words), the tags chosen are never the one I really want...And I need to re-run the process everyday if I want a cloud up-to-date!
ToCloud.com. Results are better than with the TagCloud Generator, but idem, the HTML code is generated at a time X, and no automatic update at the time Y in the future. You have to run the process again. But the good thing is, the tag cloud is very easy to edit !! You can delete all the tags you don't like.

For any of the sites above you need to create an account. Which is also why you can't update your tagcloud :)

ZoomGroups I endedup signing in ZoomGroups because they were telling that yes, I could create a tagcloud with ZoomGroups. But now that I am logged in, no sign of any way to create a tagcloud. And of course, they propose to create a blog, but if you want it free of ads, it's not free for you (55$/year!) Guess I'll be signing out of this one pretty quick !!

ZoomClouds. Héhé. The first time the server seemed to have lost my request somewhere, but a little refresh in my browser, and POUF, I have a tagcloud! I can edit everything, the style, the colors, and I know that the tagcloud will be updated, because it has been created via my atom feed. Bad point: the only way to get a tag in or out of the tagcloud is to add it in the filters. And even when you put them in the no-no filter, they stil show up. Maybe after a couple of refreshings it'll change. Second bad point: when you click on the tag, you end up on the ZoomCloud site, where you can see all the latest articles with this tag. But all my tags were empty of articles...

So, ok, a long way just for this, but if you want a tagcloud directly in your blOg without trouble, you'd better log directly in
ZoomClouds.!! But just don't click on the tags!!

Aucun commentaire: